|Rutherford Research Fellow of Edinburgh HDR UK
Centre for Medical Informatics, Usher Institute, University of Edinburgh
Research Interests: Semantic Search, Knowledge Graph, Machine Learning and their applications in healthcare.
Short Bio – doing clinical data science by utilising text technologies and Knowledge Graph techniques. was a research fellow in Department of Biostatistics and Health Informatics of King’s College London. had two Marie Curie Fellowships funded by EU IAPP projects of K-Drive (knowledge graph techniques) and TEAM (machine learning, web data mining). holds a PhD in computer science from Southeast University, China.
- (05 Apr 2019) The 4th International Workshop on Knowledge Discovery in Healthcare Data will be with IJCAI2019 in Macao, China. Website, submission and dates.
- (31 Jan 2019) Delighted to know our “Sprint” project proposal – “Building the Knowledge Graph for UK Healthcare Data Science” is awarded by HDR UK as part of Digital Innovation Hub Programme and one of the ten innovative data solutions to prove the potential of health data to transform lives
- (19 Oct 2018) Thrilled to be invited to give a talk about our CogStack EHR platform in China’s National Centre for Cardiovascular Diseases. Great to learn their excellent infrastructures, research and datasets; and grand vision! Look forward to the first CogStack deployment in China for supporting EHR based research.
- (15 Feb 2018) Proudly begin a MRC/Rutherford Fund Fellowship of HRD UK hosted by Centre for Medical Informatics of University of Edinburgh. My research focuses on “Deriving an actionable patient phenome from healthcare data“
- (23 Dec 2017) An application paper describing our SemEHR toolkit has been accepted by JAMIA, titled “SemEHR: A General-purpose Semantic Search System to Surface Semantic Data from Clinical Notes for Tailored Care, Trial Recruitment and Clinical Research”.
- (27 Nov 2017) Our work of using knowledge graph techniques in predicting adverse drug reactions has published by Scientific Reports.
- (14 Sept 2017) our abstract titled SemEHR: Surfacing Semantic Data from Clinical Notes in Electronic Health Records for Tailored Care, Trial Recruitment and Clinical Research has been accepted to present as a poster at UK public health science conference and to be published by The Lancet.
- (5th July 2017) Our data harmonisation and search toolkit for EHR – CogStack is mentioned in Annual Report of the Chief Medical Officer 2016 by the UK Government.